Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Research Scientist - You future role?
For our S&T Delivery Systems team we are looking for a Research Scientist to strengthen our capabilities in the encapsulation of flavours, colours and nutraceutical and bioactive ingredients. In close collaboration with scientists identifying and isolating food ingredients you will plan technical projects and develop and implement differentiating delivery solutions.
You will report to the Senior Research Manager and be based in our Innovation Centre in Kemptthal.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, always aim to exceed customer expectations, create for happier, healthier lives and enjoy building relationships.
- Independently lead complex research and development projects
- Determine objectives, scope and success criteria of projects
- Provide input and guidance to others regarding lab procedures and techniques
- Make recommendations to project teams based on experimental results
Product Development and Solution Finding:
- Identify technical gaps and plan and execute experiments to provide solutions
- Evaluate existing equipment and systems
- Design and implement new equipment and systems for production
- Collaborate with internal partners to bring a product from concept to launch
- Gain trust and respect of our experts in your area and use these relationships to further identify and build collaborative opportunities
- As a team member, support projects outside Delivery Systems
- Build diverse internal relationships with other technologists and scientists, product managers, sales, marketing, legal, and regulatory and intellectual property teams
- Develop a network of external partners in your area of expertise
- A PhD or Master degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Process Engineering, Nutrition or the like
- 5+ years of experience in scientific methods and processes in the area of encapsulation technologies
- Knowledge of processes to produce systems for controlled and targeted release of active ingredients (e.g. emulsification, granulation, coating, spray drying, hot melt extrusion, core-shell capsules)
- Process engineering knowledge for the design and implementation of new equipment and systems suitable forencapsulation systems and related processes
- The capability to apply new and unprecedented routes towards technical solutions
- 5+ years of experience managing project teams on site and remotely
- 5+ years of experience working in a multicultural environment within a matrix organization
- Proficiency in English and German
- Healthcare support
- Career development opportunities
- Paid Time Off and family leave
- Retirement plan
- Sport and leisure clubs
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant