Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above-mentioned role.
Junior IT Security Officer (80% - 100%)
Overview of Role
Rothschild & Co Bank AG’s IT Security team is responsible for implementing the information- and cybersecurity strategy in accordance with internal security standards, regulatory requirements and best practices for the Rothschild & Co Wealth Management division in Switzerland.
This role is suitable for a somebody with the will to develop in the field of IT security with a good eye for detail. The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of technical security matters and also has knowledge of frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST.
- Oversee the implementation and the use of IT Security technologies relating to key security control areas to ensure an effective use of these technologies in mitigating cybersecurity risks and making sure that information security standards, regulatory requirements and best practices are being met.
- Execute reviews, assurance tests and operational security tasks on systems such as:
- threat and vulnerability management
- security monitoring
- identity and access management
- data loss prevention
to ensure adequate protection and compliance with internal policies and standards, etc. and provide recommendations to improve the tools & frameworks.
- Assist in enforcing information security policies, standards and implement new and existing information security requirements and processes
- Assist in information gathering during IT audits
- Play an active role in operational processes (e.g., change management, exception management)
- Liaise with Information Security to ensure controls addressing security risk are regularly monitored and reported
- Develop and maintain security documentation including technical standards, methodologies and procedures
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- 2-3 years working experience
- Self-motivated, proactive, well organized and delivery focused – the candidate must be able to work independently and switch between several simultaneous projects and effectively prioritize work
- Strong Team player and very good communication skills – the candidate must be a team player and able to effectively interact with other team members of the Rothschild & Co Global IT Security team
- Strong problem solver and good analytical skills
- Proficient in English (written and spoken)
- High quality standards
- Willing to achieve CISSP certification (or already certified)
- Ideally knowledge of Swiss banking regulations and their applicability to technology
- Understanding of IT Security architecture concepts, technologies and good security practices
- Rothschild & Co is committed to safeguarding and enhancing the health and wellbeing of all its employees. To support this, Rothschild & Co provides all employees with a range of healthcare services and benefits that aim to support their overall wellbeing
- We are conducive to creating a working environment and culture where people can succeed
- We provide a variety of inhouse trainings, as well as tuition assistance for further education and training courses
- Everyone can choose to incorporate agile working principles into their working week
- We believe there are opportunities for all of us to enhance our working lives and outcomes, by applying a more flexible approach to where and when we work and up to 40% of your work time can be performed from home
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.