The opportunity: Franco Specialist 80 – 100%
At HSBC, we’re a trusted international organisation with a global customer base of around 39 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 62 countries and territories. In Europe, our ambition is to become the leading international wholesale bank and we need talent like you to help us meet our ambition. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or in an exciting new direction—we offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Are you interested ? Do you have knowledge of the banking industry ? Do you enjoy to be part of a cohesive team ?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to hear from you !
What you will do:
- Guaranty the good execution of the client’s transfers, the execution of the cross border transfers, the client’s registration of the Swiss registered shares, the management of the restricted securities and physical securities, the accounting of physical precious metal transaction
- To follow up of the settlement of transfers in and out or in , internal transfers of all kind of assets.
- To ensure the proper execution of the Front Office in accordance with the guidelines and procedures
- To ensure effective monitoring of cases pending with the fund administrator, the portfolio manager, while ensuring optimal use of various tools in accordance with established procedures and guidelines of the hierarchy
- To take the ownership on training and coaching of new team members
Impact on the Business
- Ensures that their time is used effectively and efficiently. Supports cost saving and efficiency efforts.
- Delivers day-to-day workload on time and to the standard requested by manager. Meets commitments made to colleagues. Understands and ensures completeness of daily tasks and controls.
- Plans and meets deadlines consistently, Anticipates and addresses potential barriers or issues that could impact the delivery or service that they offer.
- Knows, draft and keep procedures and DIM up-to-date.
- Be independent in the daily tasks and controls
- Provides timely answers to Fund admin and Managers. Proactively contact Legal and Compliance when facing new documentation requirements.
- Ensures continuous check of the unresolved files with the agents and the counterparties.
- Instructs the Cross Borders transfers and client’s registration for the Swiss registered shares
- Ensures the correct booking of the restricted securities
- Manages the physical securities
- Provides clear and timely responses to the CSHD.
- Keyes, amends and validates order instructions, guarantees the good execution of the orders in accordance with existing Funds Transfer procedures and guidelines. Makes proposals to improve the process and collaboration with other teams.
- Follows-up of mid to long-term ad-hoc projects.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develops an understanding of how their tasks may impact others negatively (e.g. understands the wider impact a scheduling or cost mistake might have on their manager and colleagues).
- Makes their ideas a reality and is persistent in the face of challenges.
- To be aware of changes in the processes and guidelines of other teams, be able to spot tools and procedures inefficiencies and adapt his /her working methodology accordingly.
- Notices procedures/ materials or actions that seem out of date and highlights these (e.g. email distribution lists out of date, processes no longer used.) while follow existing procedures
- Escalates errors and proposes mitigation actions and participates to implement them.
- Demonstrates willingness to bring ideas to the table and proposes workable solutions where improvements are needed.
- Reacts positively to changes.
- Remains client driven while protecting the bank from risk and maintains effective control standards.
- Manages self to deliver sustained business performance.
- Remains professional even when facing a stressful situation.
- Becomes Subject Matter Expert (SME) of all Franco tasks.
You should apply if you have:
- Commercial degree, CFC bancaire or equivalent. Ideally 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Knowledge of English and French are requested. Any other language would be a plus.
- Computer skills: MS Office.
- Analytical skills and well organized.
- Good communication skills, team player and client oriented.
- Exhibits commitment and resilience, especially when facing stressful situation
- Polyvalent and fast-learner : ability to quickly adapt to multiple tasks and evolving working situations
- Able to create relationships and channels of communication with key interfaces and stakeholders
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit.
Even if you feel you do not meet 100% of our qualifications, we encourage you to apply, if you believe this role is right for you.
What you’ll get in return
We’ll help you progress your career, including access to development programmes, mentoring and coaching, as well as world-class training through HSBC University.
You can work your way and will have a say in when, where and how you and your team flexibly work together.
Our benefits will give you financial security, and can include:
- Health & meal allowance, public transport or (e-)bike allowance.
- Our family-focused benefits can help you to support your loved ones and include: days off for key events (weddings, moving house, adoption). A one-time marriage or registering of a "Civil.
- Partnership" grant. One-time premium for birth or adoption, as "gift" or "voucher. 4 weeks’ paternity leave & 26 weeks’ maternity leave.
- Emergency Childcare with the Red Cross, free of charges for HSBC employees.
- Purchased holidays scheme, unpaid leave, sabbatical, Volunteering Leave.
- Accident insurance (private coverage) paid by the Employer, attractive Pension Scheme.
We’ll give you a huge range of resources that support your mental, physical and social well-being, including:
- Various sports and leisure activities organised by the employees for the employees.
- The Bank offers to the employees and their family members specialised free, confidential service to help them deal with any personal problems – either at work or at home. Unlimited telephone consultations services available 24/7.
- You’ll have opportunities to work internationally - this can be your place to start and branch out to anywhere we have offices.
- You’ll be able to join our Employee Resource Groups that bring together colleagues with shared characteristics and common interests.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference n°: 0000JNVV