You will fully leverage your non-life actuarial expertise supporting a diverse portfolio of clients. In particular, you will be assisting clients with actuarial modeling and risk management as well as advising them on key regulatory topics, such as IFRS 17.
- Working on the audits of non-life insurance companies according to different national and/or international accounting standards (e.g. OR, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Advising clients on risk and capital issues including Swiss Solvency Test (SST) and Solvency II
- Undertake independent reserve reviews, pricing exercises or due diligence projects
- Assist with the development of proposals in order to win new business
- Developing technology solutions to meet our clients needs
- Coach junior team members on the job and knowledge sharing
- University degree in mathematics, natural sciences or finance, major in actuarial mathematics is an asset
- Studying for SAV/FIA/CAS or equivalent actuarial qualification
- 1-4 years of experience within the non-life insurance industry in an actuarial position
- Strong IT skills, specifically in MS Office, experience with actuarial software and programming skills a plus
- Fluent German and English, French an additional asset
- Proactive, independent and outgoing personality who fosters collaboration
We have the biggest team of non-life actuarial consultants in the Swiss market and, as a result, we either audit or provide advisory services to majority of non-life (re)insurers in Switzerland. We are experts across a wide spectrum of non-life actuarial topics, in particular (but not limited to) non-life reserving and audit, the Swiss Solvency Test, Solvency II and IFRS 17. Our team innovates and encourages the implementation of data science techniques and automation to deliver more effectively to our clients. We are constantly trying to improve the way we work and welcome new ideas that will help us do this.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.