Image analyst 100%
The Scientific Center for Optical and Electron Microscopy (ScopeM) is a central scientific technology platform of ETH Zurich providing resources and expertise in light, electron and ion microscopy (and related areas). As of September 1st, 2022, or upon agreement, we have an opening for a position as an Image Analyst.
As a member of the Image and Data Analysis (IDA) unit you will provide service and support related to data science and image analysis and other IT related projects of ScopeM users and staff. You are expected to process various 3D and multi-modal datasets relevant for exciting projects in life and solid matter sciences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Introducing, training, and supporting users and ScopeM staff in image analysis workflows, both for light and electron microscopy
- Participating in the organization and teaching of image analysis courses
- Evaluating hardware and software solutions to support image analysis for light and electron microscopy
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in image analysis methods and technologies
- Potentially support users with their graphics design/scientific artwork and visualisation of microscopy data, or with hardware control/automation
We are looking for an enthusiastic personality with great team spirit and a positive, doer attitude as well as the will and taste to collaborate with others on their projects within a microscopy core facility.
Practical experience in the below domains would be advantageous:
- Ph.D. and/or master's degree in natural sciences, engineering or computer science
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art data science methods, image analysis tools and a passion for developing innovative tools
- Software engineering skills and fluency in coding (e.g. Python). Please provide us with links to your software samples (e.g. Github) with clear indications of your contributions.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment and familiarity with experimental sciences and microscopy. Ability to work in teams while managing multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of technical autonomy.
- Superior communication skills in written and spoken English
- Compressed sensing, image noise reduction and big data management.
- Microscopy automation and/or smart microscopy.
- Cloud computation, HPC, virtual machine infrastructure.
- Scientific graphics-design, artwork and visualization.
This key position is foreseen initially as a two-years employment with the expectation to convert it to a time-unlimited contract upon mutual agreement.
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions and ScopeM offers a welcoming working environment in an international and multidisciplinary team. The lab languages are English and German.
You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.Working, teaching and research at ETH ZurichWe value diversity
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents no later than August 31st:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant certificates
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about Scientific Center for Optical and Electron Microscopy (ScopeM) can be found website www.scopem.ethz.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Nicolas Blanc, Tel +41 (0) 44 633 75 26 or email Klicken und Email senden
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.About ETH ZürichETH Zurich: Ready?
ETH Zurich is one of the world's leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.