Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
Structured Product Trader (f/m/d), 80-100%
In our Merchant Trading business unit, we are currently looking for a Senior Structured Product Trader to join our Structuring Desk. This is a newly created role due to our growing origination activities in the Nordics and Baltics region and is an attractive opportunity for someone who likes to combine their quantitative expertise with a proactive, commercial approach to these markets. It offers a diverse and exciting scope of activities and is to be based at our central trading floor in Olten, Switzerland.
Your main responsibilities
- Trading the linear and non-linear positions in the portfolio. Main focus centers around all products in the Nordic and Baltic market areas, with a view to extract maximum value on long term and short term deals
- Expressing market views via trading strategies
- Pricing structured products through Origination channels and brokers, using available pricing tools and market inputs
- Propose and implement trading ideas
- Back up of colleagues at the desk
- University degree
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience in energy trading, with a focus on Nordic and Baltic markets, PPAs and options
- Good analytical skills
- Ideally some coding skills in Python, VBA
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent English required, additional European languages a plus