The successful candidate will join the Business Application Support Team and is responsible for supporting internal business users, analysing reported problems on both business and technical levels and working with internal IT teams to provide a resolution in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supporting business users in Baar and globally for our main metals trading system and other applications
- Closely working with business analysts and developers to resolve reported issues
- Regular communication on status and progress of pending issues to relevant stakeholders
- Problem management and proposal of correcting measures to proactively prevent reoccurring issues
- Involvement in the application testing cycle as part of the business request delivery process
- Extend and maintain product support documentation for support staff and end users
Our ideal person
- Self-driven and with the right sense of urgency
- Willing to go the extra mile in supporting end-users
- Education on degree level (or equivalent) in Information Technology
- Use of ITIL processes and tools
- Knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong mathematical knowledge
- IT development technologies and processes (SDLC)
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading: