Identity and Access Management (IAM) Specialist at the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
Founded in 1991, the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) develops and provides the key supercomputing capabilities required to solve important problems for science and/or society. The centre is operated by ETH Zürich and is located in Lugano with additional offices in Zurich.
The next generation “Alps” system infrastructure being introduced at CSCS will replace our existing Piz Daint supercomputer and serve as a general-purpose system open to the broad community of researchers in Switzerland, and the rest of the world.
The Identity & Access Management Specialist position offers a wide range of technical challenges at the forefront of technology development, and involves the following key responsibilities:
- Enhance CSCS vision for identity and access provisioning services, enables innovation, and align with industry trends and continuous improvements that enhance the security posture of the centre with regards to identity and access management
- Re-define and manage the CSCS IAM Infrastructure both Customer IAM and Enterprise IAM, and organise the day-to-day operations
- Configure and integrate IAM components, including workflows, role models, web front-end, single sign-on, provisioning, LDAP, etc.
- Provide expertise in IAM assessments, advisory, and solution implementation programs, including those involving partners, external parties, etc.
- Support CSCS Engineers in properly integrating their work with IAM services following DevOps processes
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of Proof Of Concepts and blueprints for IAM services
You will work within the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team and will have interactions with all areas of ours and partner organizations.
You are expected to hold a higher education degree in Computer Science (or related fields) and at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in IAM.
The following are considered requirements for the position:
- Experience with IAM solutions across different areas like Access Management (IdP), Identity Governance and Administration (IGA), Privilege Access Management (PAM) or similar.
- The candidate is expected to have an in-depth understanding and comprehensive hands-on experience of IAM concepts and standards such as Identity Lifecycle, LDAP, OAuth2, SAML, OpenID, WebAuthN, MFA, SCIM 2, xBAC or similar.
- Experience in any of the following:
- Managing IAM tools like KeyCloak, ForgeRock AM, Microsoft ADFS, Gluu, or similar
- Managing IDM tools like FreeIPA, Sun Identity Manager, or similar
- Hands-on experience on API Gateways like Kong, WS02 API Manager, Tyk, or similar tools will be considered an advantage
- Expertise in implementing federation between one or more Identity Management environments
Proven hands-on experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Development of APIs and microservices architectures
- DevOps tooling
- Kubernetes and containerisation of applications
- Exposure to cloud environments such as GCP/AWS/Azure
- IT Security
Besides your motivation to accept new challenges and also work independently to solve complex problems within a vibrant and collaborative scientific environment, you are characterized by strong communication and organizational skills. You are a solution-oriented person and are able to work under pressure in diverse teams.
You are a team player and feels comfortable working in an international environment.
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
We value diversity
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website
to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Motivation letter
- Relevant certificates and diplomas
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about CSCS can be found on our website www.cscs.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Mr. Stefano Schuppli, Write an email (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
About ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.