Speedgoat develops and sells testing systems word-wide, accelerating technological and scientific breakthroughs for the benefit of future generations. Frequent testing use cases supported are for electric and autonomous cars or aircrafts, industrial machinery, smart grids, medical devices, or consumer electronics. Speedgoat solutions enable development engineers to expedite the design and testing of complex control designs using MATLAB® and Simulink®.
You are a member of the "Application Engineering" team, part of the Customers department, and closely collaborate with technical sales and marketing teams, as well as with customers and partner companies.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create reference applications and examples outlining how Speedgoat solutions can be adopted to advance testing of power system controls and large electrical networks. Topics include:
- High-fidelity digital twin simulation of renewables, microgrids, onboard power systems (electric vehicle, more electric, aircrafts and vessels), transmission and distribution networks, or energy storage systems
- Automated and continuous testing for Controller Hardware-in-the-Loop (C-HIL) and Power HIL (P-HIL) test systems
- Digital control and supervisory logic design for power and energy management systems, protection and control systems, and battery management systems
- Enable and support technical sales teams with the creation of proof of concepts and by running workflow and application-focused customer demonstrations
- Provide engineering support to after-sales projects with focus on C-HIL and P-HIL
- Collaborate with MathWorks development teams and Application Engineers to improve combined power systems workflows with MATLAB, Simulink and Simscape Electrical™
- Participate in customer, partner, and focus group meetings to further understand market requirements
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Systems
- At least three years of experience in one of the following industries: aerospace, marine, defense, and/or energy
- Working experience and passion for electric power systems
- Proficient with MATLAB, Simulink, and Simscape Electrical
- Good knowledge of real-time testing (C-HIL, P-HIL, Rapid Control Prototyping), test automation, and continuous integration environments
- Working knowledge with one of the following protocols: DNP3, Modbus, IEC 61850
- Basic knowledge of industry standards and guides (NESC, NERC, IEEE, IEC, and CIGRE)
- Knowledge of power electronics and embedded controllers (ECUs, FACTS, PLCs or IDEs) is considered a plus
- Written and oral fluency in Deutsch
This is your chance to contribute to complex engineering solutions in electrification, autonomous technologies, and automation.