Glencore Copper is seeking a Principal Change & Engagement to support the growth and development of our global Copper Portfolio to be based at our Baar office in Switzerland.
The Enterprise Risk & Integrated Management Systems team is a recently established central function supporting existing and future operations and projects. The team is fundamental in delivering best practice operational performance and long-term strategy at our assets, as well as enabling Glencore’s ambitious growth plans.
This role represents a significant opportunity to work in a high-performance team while supporting world class operations and projects globally.
Reporting to the GM Enterprise Risk & Integrated Management Systems, you will provide leadership, support and guidance with respect to change management, engagement and communications of critical improvement programs. Key challenge for the role is the development and global rollout of a change and engagement strategy for the Copper Management System.
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Develop and implement a change and engagement strategy for the Copper Management System (CMS), in line with Glencore Group Standards
- Manage the development of learning resources, programs and associated digital learning platforms/LMS for the Copper Management System, with third party support
- Provide coaching and support to functional leads for change and engagement management of Department programs and initiatives
- Develop and govern the implementation of a communication strategy for the Copper Department and Senior Leadership
- Manage the development and implementation of communication and engagement resources, tools, and processes
- Coordinate and facilitate Senior Leadership engagements with the broader workforce.
- Work with a fun and globally diverse team
- Think outside the box to find solutions to complex problems
Qualifications and requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Human Resources, Corporate/External Affairs, Marketing or Science
- Professional development in communication and change management
- Minimum 8 years of experience in communication and change management in the resources or energy sector
- Continuously progressive roles with demonstrated experience in leading large scale global change and communications
- Experience would ideally include supporting the implementation of a safety/integrated management system and/or learning and development programs
- Strong communication and engagement skills across multiple functions
- Ability to work independently across all functions and levels of the business
- Ability to travel to the Assets and Regional offices for site familiarisation and ongoing engagement
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.