Position SummaryThis role can be based in any of our production site located in: Germany, Italy, France or Switzerland
We seek a Lean expert
with experience of implementing/improving SAP operational systems within a manufacturing environment.
In his role, the Operations Systems & Process Manager will support the Head of the business unit for Printing & Converting
(BUPC) Operations on prioritizing programs and projects impacting the Operations functions.
In the framework of the Group IT transformation, BUPC Operations Systems & Process Manager will act as Deputy EPIC owner of the Head of BUPC operations and will work in close collaboration with Operations Management Team to identify opportunities, emerging needs and propose solutions in the context of the digital transformation of the operations functions within an industrial context.
In the role of Deputy EPIC Owner, the BUPC Operation System & Process Manager will lead from a project management viewpoint all the "cross products" EPIC led by BUPC Operations by coordinating Product Owners from different streams.Main Responsibilities
Professional & personal skills
- To prioritize IT programs / projects impacting BUPC Operations organization with the aim to design and implement process improvements.
- To set a clear strategic vision of business domain, in line with strategic vision of Business Unit Printing & Converting and Bobst Group
- To set clear objectives of business domain, in line with Group and BU objectives
- To provide leadership and guidance to the Head of IT Products to coordinate the drafting of EPICs definitions for approval and to manage the execution/delivery of approved EPICs
- To ensure alignment within stream among product teams - incl. in case of escalation/doubt, by providing guidance in alignment with Head of BUPC Operations
- To ensure alignment with other EPIC owners to identify risks and dependencies
- On portfolio and stream level: work with the RTE, Enterprise Architect, Head of IT Products and the Change and Transformation Manager to ensure the resulting roadmap is technically and organizationally feasible
- On product team level: work with their business teams to define Epics which contribute to the Group targets, shepherd the Product Owners
- In the context of change management process, To act as a change agent to support digital transformation of the Operations functions.
- To manage proper communication across the different BUPC production sites and toward BUPC Management Team to ensure alignment, transparency and visibility on projects plans and risks.
- Must have: Knowledge of industrial operations within a SAP S/4HANA environment - (operations and interface)
- Flexible and able to wear varying hats within an operations' environment: consulting, strategic thinking, program management, training/coaching, and data analysis / statistics
- Excellent project management
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to simply explain complex issues to non-tech audiences
- Analytical, able to set priorities, clearly communicate and shape results
- Ability to manage, influence and achieve alignment across different interests
- Great attention to detail to understand key operational processes, systems and technology
- A good decision maker, solution oriented, experience in complex problem-solving
- Ability to speak "IT language", manage and deliver IT projects and services in co-operation with supply companies
- Able to maintain vendor relationships
- Availability to travel (20 to 40% within EU+Asia)
Fluent in English, and good level of French.
Any additional language is a plus.
For more than 130 years, and over 50 countries, BOBST has always been at the forefront of innovation and we want to accelerate connectivity, digitalization, automation and sustainability to make packaging better than ever.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.