Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com.
The Settlement and Reconciliation team is a dynamic team of Software Developers and Business Analysts spread across development centres in Zurich, Bioggio and Manila. We follow an agile process, working closely within but also other related teams and clients to develop new product features and maintain existing ones in live use.
The team works with clients and partners to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet market demands and help shape the back-office landscape of tomorrow.
The team is owner of functionality and part of many exciting and challenging projects relating to Settlement, Securities Reconciliation and Custody and Ex-Custody for Banks.
As a Software Developers at Avaloq, we will place a large amount of trust in you and give you the opportunity to contribute quickly. You will be working in an environment where formal and on-the-job training and collaboration is a priority, and you will learn a lot.
- Analysis of customer requirements and design and implementation of new functionalities
- Close collaboration with the business analysis and architecture for specifications and design
- Extension of the standard customization for Avaloq Core
- Maintenance of existing functionalities
- Development of automated tests and maintenance of existing tests
- Update of technical documentation in close collaboration with Business Analysts and Technical Writers
- Technical support of customer projects (new implementation of, or upgrades to, the Avaloq Banking Suite)
What you need:
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of software engineering
- Profound understanding of object-oriented software design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle, PL/SQL) is a strong benefit
- Fluent English
- Experience in development of complex applications is an advantage
- Open minded and squad oriented
You will get extra points for the following:
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Interested in the banking business
- Italian or German are a plus
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility regarding working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance each year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender-neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.