Data Protection / Digital Law Lawyer (all genders), Tax & Legal
Deloitte Switzerland, Geneva, 80-100%
Our Deloitte Legal team is looking for you!
Our Deloitte Legal team provides a broad range of advice to national and international clients in several areas, focusing mainly on corporate/commercial, M&A, employment and digital law. Have you already gained some experience in data protection and digital law and are you interested in shaping our team further? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
At Deloitte, you act as a team-worker in an entrepreneurial environment. As a member of our Deloitte Legal team, we will ask you to think big and bring in new ideas.
How you can make an impact
- As an lawyer with a few years’ experience (1-3 years), you will provide high quality legal advice to our clients on all aspects of data protection law (GDPR/FADP) and digital law (AI, technology contracts, electronic signature/archiving). You will notably review and draft data protection related documents such as data processing agreements, privacy policies and notices, internal privacy procedures and support our clients in assessing their compliance with the new Federal Act on Data Protection and / or with the GDPR.
- You will provide pragmatic advice and support to our clients during their data protection compliance journey and in particular defining data retention and format requirements as per Swiss law.
- You will also advice our clients on a wide range of digital law topics, such as assessing the feasibility and acceptability of a cloud or AI solution.
- You will work closely with the corporate and employment team and take a key role, including coordinating the smooth implementation between the client, the involved Deloitte advisors and external parties or authorities, as well as supporting our senior team members in the daily execution of complex and multijurisdictional projects.
- You will form an important part of our growing corporate and employment law team in Geneva and Zurich, and you will help us further shape and develop our services in the market.
- You have successfully completed your Master’s Degree in Swiss law and are admitted to the bar in Switzerland (Attorney-at-law).
- You have some work experience in the field of data protection and digital law (e.g. legal advice and researches in data protection law matters, etc.).
- You have excellent analytical skills and are able to develop and communicate solution options efficiently.
- You enjoy working in a challenging and inter-disciplinary area, with different people from diverse backgrounds.
- You communicate confidently and fluently in French and English, German would be an advantage.
Are you ready to join our highly motivated, energetic, and multicultural team of 25 employees? We highly value our team spirit and entrepreneurial thinking. In our team, all members support each other and foster an open feedback culture. Join us at our offices in Geneva – we are looking forward to meeting you.
Careers at Deloitte. Choose your impact.
At Deloitte, your ideas create impact and spark meaningful change for our clients, people and society. Your unique expertise, background and perspective helps us find new ways into the most complex challenges so we can brighten the futures of those our work affects. At Deloitte, you can build a career that inspires and energises you. At Deloitte, you can choose your impact.
In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,600 employees at six locations, we serve companies and organisations of all sizes in all industry sectors. We offer meaningful and challenging work, an inclusive and supportive environment where you can be your best self and where you will never stop growing. You will benefit from flexible and hybrid working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes as well as many opportunities to connect, collaborate and learn.
Join us and become part of a global network of like-minded people dedicated to making a difference, whether by addressing climate change or improving 100 million futures by 2030. Want to know more about opportunities at Deloitte? Visit www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer at Write an email ">Write an email
*We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law. Research shows that women are less likely to apply for roles unless they match all the criteria; don’t hold yourself back – apply today.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 14555